What is the MXU-88 Plus?
The MXU-88 Plus is the latest upgrade to one of SmartAVI’s most powerful and efficient matrix switching solutions. This 8X8 switching hub grants up to eight users shared remote access to as many as eight remote work stations and transparent USB 2.0 devices. Great for applications such as multi-user remote supervision or group-based video editing projects, the MXU-88 Plus excels even more at expediting work-flow for digital devices of various kinds.
Capable of displaying HDMI-based video at resolutions up to 4K (3840×2160 @ 30Hz), the MXU-88 Plus is perfect for non-emulation KVM operations where a high degree of picture clarity is imperative. Better yet, the MXU-88 Plus is easy to control, outfitted with a simple two-button front panel interface and a web-based command console via Ethernet connection. The MXU-88 Plus’s 16-port USB 2.0 output is ideal for transparent peripherals like keyboards, mice, external hard-drives, cameras, printers, scanners, streaming devices, and more. For comprehensive matrix switching and USB 2.0 device control remotely made easy, choose the MXU-88 Plus matrix switch powered by SmartAVI!
How to control the MXU-88 Plus
SmartAVI designed the MXU-88 Plus to be very user-friendly with three easy modes of control:
- Front Panel Buttons: Use a simple two-button interface to navigate between USB 2.0 and HDMI inputs, or accomplish more advanced features like EDID learning.
- Web-based Console: Connect to a web-based control interface which lets you visualize connections and navigate between them with ease via Ethernet.
- Remote MXU Control Units: Gives each user the option to access any of the connected computers remotely via the Smart MUX Communication HUB.
Applications for MXU-88 Plus
The MXU-88 Plus excels in multi-user settings, and works well in various real-world applications such as remote project supervision or group-based video editing endeavors.
- Remote control via SmartMUX HUB and MXU Control Units
- (8) HDMI inputs with resolutions up to 4K (3840×2160 @ 30Hz)
- (8) HDMI outputs with resolutions up to 4K (3840×2160 @ 30Hz)
- (8) USB 2.0 Type B inputs
- (8) Dual USB 2.0 Type A outputs
- Supports digital audio over HDMI
- Supports DVI-D with adaptors
- Supports USB 2.0 keyboard-mouse control (NO EMULATION)
- Supports transparent USB 2.0 peripheral devices (external hard-drives, smart-card readers, scanners, printers, etc…)
- Simple two-button front panel control with LCD status display
- Full web-based control console over Ethernet
- Learns and stores EDID information
- HDMI 1.4 & HDCP Compliant
- Control Sun, Mac, or PC computers from one workstation
- (1) MXU-88: 8X8 HDMI/USB 2.0 Matrix Switch
- (1) SC-HUB16: 16 Port RS232 Selector SmartMux Communication HUB
- (1) SC-RM8: MXU Controller Unit
- (1) CST2RS232: 3.5mm to RS232 cable
- (1) PS12VD5A power supply
- (1) PS12VD3A power supply
- (1) PS5VD2A power supply
- (1) Quick Start & Installation Guide