What is the HDR-8×8-XT
The HDR-8×8-XT is an 8×8 matrix switch enhanced with HDBaseT technology. Users can send eight ultra-HD video sources to eight local displays over HDMI, as well as eight remote displays over CAT5e/6/7 cables up to 328 ft away when paired with receiver units (supports HDX-POE and HDX-POE-PRO*, each sold separately).
Doubling as a transmitter extension unit, the HDR-8×8-XT sends 4K (3840×2160) resolution video further that standard matrix units and effectively cuts costs by utilizing inexpensive CAT5e/6/7 cabling. It also routes internet to remote smart TVs over HDBaseT and power to connected receivers through POE (Power-over-Ethernet).
How to control HDR-8×8-XT
Users can easily control the HDR-8×8-XT using:
- Front Panel Buttons which offer intuitive signal switching capabilities directly from the unit itself.
- IR Remote Control for signal switching and receiver control.
- TCP/IP Web Console, which offers powerful visual tools for users remotely interacting with the unit from a PC.
To use TCP/IP, you will need the IP address of your HDR-8×8-XT: download our helpful IP-Finder 2 Software HERE.
Applications for HDR-8×8-XT
The HDR-8×8-XT excels at routing 4K signals in large venues and extended AV setups. Concert halls, sporting arenas, multiplex cinemas, convention centers, lecture halls, and more are great places to set up an HDR-8×8-XT. Perfect for modest HDTVs and enormous jumbotron screens, the HDR-8×8-XT’s 4K output ensures the highest picture quality on any display!
- Up to 4K (3840×2160 @30Hz) Resolution
- (8) HDMI Input
- (8) HDMI Local Output
- (8) HDMI HDBaseT Output (over CAT5e/6/7)
- Supports Power-over-Ethernet (POE)
- HDBaseT signal extension up to 328 ft
- Ethernet routing: connect output displays to internet via CAT5e/6/7 HDBaseT.
- HDMI 2.0 & HDCP Compliant
- Route RS-232 control to remote monitors
- Supports bi-directional IR remote control
- Supports TCP/IP Web Console control
- EDID learning & management
- Supports HDX-POE receivers: Video & IR extension (sold seperately)
- Supports HDX-POE-PRO receivers: video, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet extension (sold separately)
- (1) HDR-8×8-XT HDMI Matrix
- (1) Power Cable (for internal power supply)
- (1) Quick Start/Installation Guide
* HDR-POE-PRO coming soon!