extends of high definition VGA video signals, as well as RS-232 control signals, up to 1000 feet away from source devices via a single CAT5 twisted pair (UTP) cable.
Powerful, Plug-and-Play VGA Extension
The VDX system is plug-and-play, meaning users of any technical skill level can easily install and start using it right out of the box. With a vast signal range of 1000 feet between the transmitter (TX) and receiver (RX) units, the VDX excels at HD video extension at resolutions up to 1080p (1920x1080) full HD.
Cost-Effective Extension in Any Environment
Cost-conscious users will be pleased with the VDX's economic CAT5 cabling, which is popular for its reliability and affordable pricing. Better yet, the VDX is compact and integrates easily into existing AV set-ups. This makes the VDX an ideal fit in airports, retail stores, entertainment venues, schools, hospitals, and other high AV-enhanced facilities.
- Uses easy to install, inexpensive CAT5/5e/6/7/8.
- Output reaches up to 1,000 feet (300 m).
- Supports high resolution clear video up to 1920x1200
- HDTV compatible (720p, 1080i,1080p)
- 300 MHz Bandwidth.
- Sends high-resolution XVGA and RS232 signals.
- Compatible with VGA, XGA, Sun, MAC and SGI
- Sync Format / Polarity Preservation.
- Bidirectional serial RS-232 (Tx/Rx) control.
- High ground loop immunity.
- Built-in lightning, power surge and transient protection.
- Designated trimmer in the remote unit to compensate for cable length.
- Compact metal case enclosure.
- Remote units come with buffered outputs.
- (1) VDX-TX transmitter unit
- (1) VDX-RX receiver unit
- (2) Extender unit power supplies
- (1) Quick Start and Installation Guide
The VDX series enhances any presentation from commercial products to corporate financial data. It can be used in show rooms, board rooms, trade shows, Kiosks and window displays.
Data such as news, stock prices, sports results, and flight information can be broadcast in real time to various monitors.
Learning and Training
VDX can be used in educational presentations to multiple locations, in schools and in other training facilities.
This is an example of what a setup would look like.
For more detailed information on specific models, call Smart-AVI.